If you are among those that are looking to buy a find your new home, know that you are not alone! There is something about owning your own home makes you feel like you are really making something of your life. Now, if you are among those who are looking to buy an absolutely brand new home, you are not alone there either. More than half of home buyers prefer a brand new home that’s never been lived in before. There are many pros and cons to buying a new home, which we will cover in this article. New home home builders can made very exciting new homes and building your dream home can be, well, a dream come true. Let’s take a look at the advantages of having new home home builders take on your project.
- You can have a completely customized home. You get to pick everything from how the rooms are laid out to how they are painted. This is one of the main reasons that people want to buy a brand new home. If you are going to have your dream house, you want it to look exactly how it did in your dreams, right? Truthfully, the only way to find a house that fits exactly your specifications and needs and wants is to design it yourself.
- You get to do the fun part of picking and deciding and then everything else is done for you. You don’t have to lift a finger and can wander through the home and supervise. You’ll never have to help paint the trim. It’s an all inclusive project and the truth is, new home home builders would prefer that you didn’t help them. They know what they’re doing and just want to get it done for you. If you change your mind about something half way through, just tell them. You don’t have to do it yourself.
- There won’t be very much maintenance to have to keep up with. With brand new plumbing and fixtures and heating and air, it should be awhile before you have to replace or repair anything. Plus, everything is under warranty so if something does malfunctions, it shouldn’t cost you a penny to fix; at least for the first few years, anyway.
- Another financial benefit is that newly built homes are typically more concerned about energy efficiency. This means that the types of units and things that will be installed will hopefully give you a lower utility bill as well as being friendlier to our environment.
- While you may save money on utility bills, overall, brand new homes cost more than an already built one. The mark up is somewhere around 20%. You have to pay for the luxury of making it exactly what you want. However, compare that to what you would pay in renovations of an already built home and it may equal out.
- If you are one of the first residence to move in to an area that is being built up, you may find yourself living in a construction site for a few years. These homes and amenities do tend to pop up quickly but be aware that you may have driving difficulties and noise factors to deal with for awhile. Remember than even if you have a great view at first, new homes being build may eventually block that view.
- The newer, modern designs lack the quaint, charming feel and look of an older, more established community. If you are into the modern look then that’s great, but those huge, old trees and vines climbing the homes take time to grow and settle. The architectural detail of an older harm is also missing the new look.
- In an effort to be more efficient, newer homes usually are built on a smaller plot of land than other homes. This means that your yard and area surrounding your home may be smaller and your neighbors much closer than you might like.
Overall, you’ll have to decide whenever contracting new home home builders or buying an existing one meets the needs and wants of you and your family. Everyone is different and there is no wrong choice. Finding out what’s best for you is the first step in finding a new home.