Do you want a clean home but do not have the time to do the cleaning yourself? You are not alone. Most women (87%) believe that the cleanliness of their home is a reflection of them. At the same time, there are currently at least 894,920 maids working around the United States. For busy people, hiring a maid service makes a lot of sense. If you are thinking about doing this, here are some tips to make that process easier and more successful.
- Decide what you want out of the experience. Are there things in your home that you really want a dependable maid service to take care of? The people who are the happiest with their cleaning service are the people with a very clear idea about what they want from that service. For instance, if a person has a list of things they need the cleaning service to deal with when they arrive, they will be much happier with the service they get than the person who is not so cure. The first step in hiring maid service is to decide what you want out of the experience.
- Talk to your friends and family. The number one way to get decent goods and services is to get a personal recommendation. When you talk to the people you know about hiring a maid service, ask them how they found theirs, what they thought about the experience and how much they pay for it.
- Talk to a few house cleaning services. You want a dependable house cleaning service but you do not want to use your entire life savings on the endeavor. Call a few services and get quotes in writing. Find out who offers green cleaning services and who can really take care of pet issues. Definitely let them know if you have any pets. When you get the quotes in writing, you should have the list you created so that you can define the scope of the work, you can more easily compare them.
- Find out who will be cleaning your home. When you are hiring a maid service, you will be letting strangers into your home (at least in most cases). You need to be totally comfortable with the people who are going to be in your home, possibly when you are not around. When you talk to companies, ask if they plan to send the same person every time or if they send different people every time. They may rotate staff in and out. There are both good and bad aspects to both options. If they send the same person each time, you will get to know them and they will have the chance to get to know you and your home. If a new person is sent each time, they may be more thorough than the person who has been at your home every week.
- Ask about licenses and insurance. When you hire any kind of company to do any kind of work in your home, you need to know that the company has the correct licenses and insurance before they are allowed to enter your property and do any work. In the off chance that someone is hurt or something else happens, you could be liable if they do not have the right insurance. Make sure you check whatever they tell you, some companies do lie about this.
- Get references. When you are hiring a maid service, you should ask to talk to current and former clients. This is one of the best ways to find out what the maid service is like and how good of a job they do. They may have testimonials on their website. Make sure you verify these. It is very easily to make these up.
Once you have finished the process of hiring your maid service, when the person does a good job on your home or office, it is always a good idea to thank them and let them know you appreciate the work they do for you. Cleaning people work very hard and it just nice to hear that their work has been noticed and appreciated. The words “thank you” go a long way.