Summer weddings are easy to prepare for. But what if you’re getting married in the fall? Believe it or not, there are just as many options when it comes to throwing an autumn wedding, you just need to get a little creative.
Here are five misconceptions about fall weddings and tips for making your special day the perfect seasonal event.
- Your wedding must have a “fall foliage” color scheme. Orange and brown are typical “fall” colors, but unless you always wanted your dream wedding to have a Halloween theme, you don’t have to stick to those colors. For a subtler fall feel, go with deep, rich autumnal hues like plum, aubergine, forest green, and gold. Instead of chocolate brown, consider mocha or cappuccino, which will combine beautifully with an off-white cream and a deep red. Don’t feel like you’re married to any particular seasonal color scheme.
- Bridesmaids must be dressed in heavy fabrics. Lightweight fabrics may seem more appropriate for warmer seasons, but as long as they’re the right colors, they will work nicely in the fall as well. For a glamorous autumn bridesmaid look, try pale gold or deep green. You can certainly go with satin or silk, but you shouldn’t feel limited.
- Men must wear dark suits. Again, don’t feel obligated to limit your options just because of the season. There are plenty of color choices that are appropriate for fall. Light khaki has an earthy feel, which is great for the fall. If it is still warm enough, you can even forego the jackets altogether.
- Pumpkins are a must-have decoration. Feel free to add a delicious pumpkin dish to your menu, but don’t feel like you have to incorporate the big orange gourd into you reception decor. There are plenty of ways to subtly reflect the season. It’s the harvest season, so you can even use grains like wheat or lovely red fruits like apples and pomegranates to add some rich colors.
- You have to hold the festivities indoors. If you’ve always dreamt of an outdoor wedding, or if you are hosting a large wedding, don’t feel like you need to stay cooped up indoors just because the summer is over. With heat lamps, wedding tent rentals, and other wedding rental equipment, you can celebrate in the lovely crisp autumn air. Wedding tent rentals are the perfect retreat for when it gets a little chilly.
Have any other tips for the perfect fall wedding? Share in the comments section!