How Safe Is the Drinking Water in Your Home?
Water quality is a challenging goal for many communities. And while there are some Americans who are able to take clean drinking water for granted, there are a number of people who cannot. In fact, for a number of Americans it is necessary to have a whole house filtration system to make sure that they are drinking and cooking with safe water.
Both water softeners and revers osmosis systems can help property owners make sure that they have the safest kinds of water in their homes and at their businesses. If you live in a community where the water is not as safe as it could be it is important to make sure that you are doing everything in your power to correct this problem. Even if you live in a place where the water systems are newer, it is in your best interest to conduct regular tests to make sure that the water is safe enough for your family.
When Was the Last Time You Tested the Water in Your Home?
Clear back in middle school science classes we learn that water makes up nearly 66% of who we are, and that it influences 100% of the body’s processes. If you do not have a whole house filtration system, though, you might actually be putting yourself and your family in danger with this all important product.
Consider some of these other facts and figures about the importance that water plays in the nation and in our bodies:
- 350 gallons is the average amount of water use in the daily household.
- A new study shows that drinking 16 ounces of water before meals leads to more weight loss.
- The latest research indicates that as much as 85% of American households are affected by hard water.
- With one grain equaling 17.1 milligrams per liter, hardness of water is measured in grains per gallon as calcium carbonate.
- Even if a home does not exist in an are were the water zones are “very hard” or “extremely hard,” the property owners may start to see the effects of hard water at around seven grains of hardness.
- It is important to know that water loss of 9% to 12% of total body weight can be fatal. In fact, even mild dehydration can zap a person’s energy, make you tired, and affect your mental clarity.
Water is important to our bodies and to our world, but not all of the water that is on this planet is safe for human consumption. With the use of a whole house filtration system, however, it is possible to improve the water that you both drink and cook with.